[Big] Table of Contents
Keep scrolling down to see the entire TOC
Get listed in our global directories. It's FREE!
Apply for an MT practice listing.    Apply for an MT school listing.
Better yet, if interested in professional-level massage:
- MT AND SEX, A must-read excerpt from the MT QUICK USER GUIDE.
- MT: QUICK USER GUIDE FOR MASSAGE THERAPY, by Bruria Ginton, LicMT
Consumers of health services, physicians, other health professionals and fellow MTs: All you need to know--FAST--in order to experience, prescribe, or talk about professional-quality Massage Therapy.
For style and professional pride . . .
Don't miss our Special Discounts!
- MT RESOURCES FREE classifieds for our growing MT community, organizations for MTs, books, publications, music CDs, MT schools, global directories of other health professionals who offer, recommend or support Massage Therapy, , and a Marketplace for MT-related products and services.
- ARTICLES " Tell it like it is" articles, research literature, and some provocative "food for thought." For MT professionals and for Bodyminded individuals.
- MT MATTERS! The archive of our [free] world-wide, popular, provocatively soothing online monthly newsletter with Massage Therapists connecting, raising questions, and voicing their opinions about the burning issues of the MT profession. (Yes, you too can get a free subscription!)
- MTs NEAR YOU: The Global Directory of MTs
One day, when your company, your health organization or you need it bad . . . better yet, just for prevention and general stress relief, click-find a client-centered massage therapist near you . . . Any time. From anywhere.
- MT SCHOOLS: The Global Directory of schools
It's amazing, delightful and hard to keep up with all the enthusiastic netizens looking for professional training in massage therapy through this super-active directory.
Now, wait a minute:
Also . . .
MT WO/MAN: With about 80% women, is Massage Therapy really a woman's profession? The Gender Perspective. It's not for women only. MTs' WEB-PRESENCE @ MT WEB CENTRAL How qualified MT professionals, MT schools, MT organizations and the MT-related industry--from any country--can benefit from our our high-traffic website, our site-development, web-production and hosting capablities.
SCUTTLEBUT Take a look at what some of our visitors have to say about MT WEB CENTRAL and other venues @ QWL SPACE.
HANDSON BOOKSTORE & MT STYLES The easy, reliable and least expensive way to find, read reviews, and--safely--buy books about MT and useful, related subjects. HANDSON BOOKSTORE(tm) operates in association with the world's largest book seller, Amazon.com Books. And its MT STYLES section is now stocking T-shirts. Procedes from sales are used to maintain this website and promote massage therapy around the world. Which is a good reason for all MTs to come back and shop at HANDSON in the future too!
ASSOCIATED MTs A member-centered global professional network. What for, how global yet unique it is, how much you get, how little it costs to join, or even less, to renew your membership.
THE BANNERS of MT WEB CENTRAL They're cool. They're colorful. And when you'd like to spread the MT message on other websites, such as those visited by health-consumers or by other health professionals, you can choose and download a banner from our Designer MTWC.COM Banner Collection.
OK, OK, here's one of the Cool & Colorful. Click on banner to see the others.
SPORTS HEALTH Where Massage Therapy has arrived. BIO-PROFILES of MTs NEAR YOU Meet the people in the profession and see a sample "professional-bio" webpage. STATE BOARDS FOR MT: THE DIRECTORY Listings, info, and available links. All [we know] about State Boards for Massage Therapy in the USA and soon--hopefully--eleswhere. "GIVE 'EM HEALTH!" about BRURIA GINTON, LicMT, Chief Architect, MT WEB CENTRAL and Founding Director, ASSOCIATED MTs. IT'S YOUR BODYMIND, IT'S YOUR HEALTH . . . PUT THEM IN SAFE HANDS A Public Message from MT WEB CENTRAL to the consumer. SMOQUIT It's a global online support group in the making! With Bruria Ginton & Helene Weinberg. Hey, did you get the F.A.C.T.S.?
THE MT INDEX The trees in the forest. An alphabetical list of Bodymind Healthwork techniques and methods.
MT CAT Meet Shoshone, the healing cat with zen. MEDIA WATCH Editorial and commercial portrayal of Massage Therapy. BREAKING BREAD Sharing fast, fun, and healthful food recipes. HOT-LINKS, CREDIT-LINKS, & WEBRINGS (necessary) Disclaimer
TOC in a Nutshell
- From Silicon Alley to the Rainforest, more people discover . . .
MT & THE INTERNET:
What Kind Of A Combination Is That?
On its face, a very unlikely one. The lowest-tech with the highest-tech? The earliest (health) tech with the latest (who knows how healthy) tech? The perfect Yin & Yang? A combination by contradiction? Some sort of high-touch khutzpa? You wonder.
A FEW FACTS TO CONSIDER:
- Massage Therapy (MT) is one of the three most often used drugfree healthcare modalities in the US (according to a study of Harvard Medical School)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome--a computer-related, repetitive-strain type injury, is the fastest growing occupational injury--now one of the most common submissions on health insurance forms
- Work-stress overload-related problems (back and neck pain, headaches, intestinal irregularities, sleep disorders, chemical dependency, lateism, and absenteeism, etc, etc ) bite millions of dollars out of the US Gross National Product each year
- Many large and small New York companies routinely benefit from quality of work life (QWL) MT programs. (To arrange for a corporate QWL/MT program tailored your company's needs and budget, just drop us a note.)
And did you know that Massage Therapy is a valid, cost-effective, reliable and available remedy for the prevention and rehab of all of the above? Or do you still think Massage Therapy is just a luxury-type beauty treatment or a shopping-mall/locker-room gimmick?
STAY TUNED . . . because we're here to tell you the "busting to be told," well-kept secret about professional-level Massage Therapy. Stuff that the media somehow don't get around to. This stuff, you see, is the opposite of "sexy". Somehow, however, more and more people are finding this stuff very useful. And we are more than happy to share the info with the whole world.
WHO SHOULD STAY TUNED . . .? If you are an interested consumer, a licensed massage therapist [LicMT, or equivalent], if you would like to become a LicMT and develop a professional-level practice, or if you are or you know a concientious, open-minded health professional--you, perhaps?--webmark our site and participate in the unfolding story of the MT profession online.
Launched: January 1996
New York City Webquarters